With the Triund Trek just around the corner, there's no time to waste! Book your tickets now and enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime experience. If you're looking to plan a camping trip in India, here's everything you need to know about the Triund trek with camping. The Triund Trek is one of the most popular treks in India, and for good reason. With stunning views of the Himalayas, it's a perfect way to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Camping on the Triund Trek is an experience you'll never forget! For just Rs ₹830 per person, it's an unbeatable price. So what are you waiting for? Book now and start planning your adventure!
The Triund Trek is a 9-kilometer hike from Mcleodganj to the top of Triund Hill. The trek takes about 5 to 6 hours to complete and offers stunning views of the Dhauladhar mountain range. The trailhead for the Triund Trek starts at Mcleodganj, which is also the base camp for many other treks in the region. From Mcleodganj, the trail winds its way through forests and meadows before reaching the summit of Triund Hill. Along the way, hikers can enjoy views of the snow-capped peaks of the Dhauladhar range. At the top of Triund Hill, there is a small lake called Bhagsu Nag, which is a popular spot for swimming and relaxing. The Triund Trek is a moderate difficulty trek and does not require any special equipment or training.
Trekkers can find many ways to get to Triund. The most common way is to take a local bus or shared jeep from McLeod Ganj to Dharamkot. From Dharamkot, it's a 3-4 hour trek to Triund. Many trekkers also choose to take a private taxi or motorbike all the way to Gallu Temple, which is the starting point of the Triund Trek. There are also several tour operators in McLeod Ganj that offer guided Triund Trek packages that include transportation, food, and camping gear.
There are many different package options available for the Triund Trek in Mcleodganj. You can choose to go with a group tour, or a private tour. You can also choose to stay in a tent, or book a room in a guesthouse. The prices vary depending on the package you select.
The most popular option is the group tour. This includes transportation to and from the trailhead, as well as a guide who will take you on the hike and help you find your way. The group tours typically leave early in the morning so that you can reach the top of Triund before sunset.
If you're looking for a more private experience, you can book a private tour. This includes all of the same amenities as the group tour, but you'll have your own guide and won't have to worry about being with a large group of people.
You can also choose to camp on the mountain instead of staying in a guesthouse. This is a great option if you're looking to save money, but keep in mind that it can be cold at night and there are no bathrooms or showers available.
No matter what package you select, the Triund Trek is an experience that you'll never forget!
Triund is a relatively easy trek and can be completed by people of all fitness levels. It is a great option for first time trekkers or those who want to experience the beauty of the Himalayas without having to push their limits too much. The total distance to be covered is 9 km, and the average time taken to complete the trek is 4-5 hours. The first half of the trek is a gradual ascent through forests of oak and rhododendron, while the second half involves a steeper climb to reach the summit. There are plenty of rest stops along the way where you can take a break and enjoy the stunning views.
Dharamkot, Mcelodganj, Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh 176216, IndiaStart Point Taxi Stand of Bhagsu Naag
Bhagsu Nag, Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh 176216, IndiaEnd Point
Assuming that you are starting your journey from Delhi, the capital of India, here are the detailed instructions on how to get to Triund:
1. Take a train or a flight to reach Chandigarh, the nearest airport or railway station to Triund.
2. From Chandigarh, take a shared taxi or a bus to reach McLeodganj.
3. From McLeodganj, you can either trek up to Triund (9 km) or take a local jeep (4WD). The jeep costs around Rs 400 per person and takes about 1 hour to reach Triund.
4. You can also book a guided trekking package which includes transportation from Delhi to Chandigarh and then from McLeodganj to Triund. The cost of such a package is around Rs 3,500 per person.
The best time to go on the Triund Trek is from March to June, and from September to November. These are the months when the weather is generally good and stable, and there is little chance of rain or snowfall.
1. Choose the right season: The best time to visit Triund is from April to June and September to November. Avoid visiting during the monsoon months of July and August as the trail can be slippery and dangerous.
2. Start early: It is always best to start your trek early in the day so that you can reach your destination before sunset. This will also help you avoid getting caught in bad weather conditions.
3. Dress appropriately: Make sure you are dressed properly for the trek. Wear comfortable shoes and clothing that will keep you warm.
4. Pack light: You don't need to bring too many things with you on the trek. Just pack essential items like food, water, a first-aid kit, and some warm clothing.
5. Be prepared for the altitude: Triund is located at a high altitude, so it is important to be prepared for it. Drink plenty of fluids and take it easy on the first few days of the trek until your body gets used to the altitude change.
To book the Triund Trek, follow the given steps:
1. Visit www.triundtrek.com
2. Click on the ‘Book Now’ button
3. Fill in the required details like Name, Email, Phone Number, etc.
4. Choose your preferred start date for the trek
5. Click on ‘Submit’
6. Make the payment through any of the available payment modes- credit/debit card, net banking, UPI, or wallets
7. Once the payment is successful, you will receive a confirmation email and SMS from us
8. That’s it! You have successfully booked your trek to Triund!
The charges for Triund Trek with Camping Price are Rs. 1500 per person. This includes the cost of the permit, guide, porters, and equipment.
Triund is a beautiful place and one must carry some essentials while going for the trek. These things are:
A good pair of trekking shoes: Trekking shoes are a must while going on any kind of trek. They not only provide comfort but also support to your feet and ankles.
Enough water: It is important to stay hydrated while trekking. So, make sure you carry enough water with you.
Snacks: energy bars, dry fruits, etc. can come in handy while trekking. They will help you replenish your energy levels during the hike.
A first-aid kit: This is very important, especially if you are going on a longer trek. Make sure your first-aid kit contains all the necessary items like bandages, antiseptic cream, etc.
A map: This is essential if you are going on a longer or unfamiliar trekking route. A map will help you navigate your way and reach your destination safely.
When planning a trip to Triund, it is important to be aware of the do's and don'ts while on the trek. Here are some helpful tips:Do:
- Pack light, but be sure to bring all essential items such as a first-aid kit, sunscreen, and insect repellent.
- Start your trek early in the day to avoid crowds and to enjoy the views.
- Stop at one of the many viewpoint along the way to take in the breathtaking scenery.
- Be sure to stay hydrated and drink plenty of water.
- At campsite, pitch your tent in an area that is away from any potential hazards such as steep slopes or loose rocks.Don't:
- Don't litter; please pack out all trash and help keep our trails clean.
- Don't disturb wildlife; please respect them and give them space.
- Don't camp too close to water sources; this can impact the environment negatively.
There are three main routes to take to reach Triund from Mcleodganj. The first is the most popular and well-known route, which takes you through Dharamkot. This is a relatively easy trek with a gradual incline and should take around 3-4 hours. The second route takes you via Gallu Temple, which is a bit more challenging but also more scenic. This route should take 4-5 hours. The third route is the longest but also the most rewarding, taking you through Kareri Village. This trek will take 5-6 hours but you will be rewarded with stunning views of the Himalayas.
There are a few different places that you can stay while on the Triund Trek. You can either camp at one of the many campsites along the trekking route, or you can stay in a guesthouse in a village. If you're looking for a more rustic experience, camping is the way to go. There are plenty of campsites to choose from, and you can even bring your own tent. However, if you're looking for something more comfortable, staying in a guesthouse is a great option. These are usually located in villages along the trekking route, and they offer basic amenities like beds and meals.
1. Take in the stunning views: The Triund Trek offers breathtaking views of the Dhauladhar mountain range. Make sure to take plenty of pictures and soak in the beauty of your surroundings.
2. Meet new people: : TheTriund Trek is a popular spot for tourists and locals alike. You're sure to meet new people from all walks of life while on the trail. Be sure to strike up some conversations and make some new friends!
3. Challenge yourself: : The Triund Trek is perfect for those looking for a bit of adventure. Test your limits and see how far you can push yourself physically and mentally. You'll be rewarded with an incredible sense of accomplishment at the end.
4. Unplug from technology: : One of the best things about nature is that it allows you to disconnect from technology and clear your mind. Take this opportunity to disconnect from your electronic devices and enjoy some much-needed time in nature's embrace.
5. Connect with nature:
1. 1. All trekkers must be at least 18 years of age. If you are below 18, you will need parental consent.
2. All trekkers must have a valid ID proof with them (Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving License etc).
3. No pets are allowed on the trek.
4. Smoking and consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited during the entire duration of the trek.
5. Trekkers are required to maintain silence and decorum in and around the campsite as a courtesy to other fellow trekkers as well as to respect the sanctity of the place.
6. Littering is strictly prohibited and all trekkers are required to carry their waste back with them and dispose it off responsibly.
7.All trekkers must adhere to the instructions given by the guides at all times for their own safety as well as that of other fellow trekkers.
In order to confirm your booking, we require a deposit of 50% of the total cost of the trek. The balance is due 60 days prior to the start date of the trek. If you book within 60 days of the start date, the full amount is due at the time of booking. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and PayPal. You will receive a confirmation email once your payment has been processed.
We offer a full refund for any cancellations made at least 24 hours in advance. For cancellations made within 24 hours of the start of the trek, we will charge a 50% cancellation fee. No refunds will be given for no-shows or for cancellations made on the day of the trek.
If you cancel your trekking trip more than 48 hours before the start date, you will be refunded your entire amount. If you cancel your trekking trip within 48 hours of the start date, you will not be refunded any amount.
When it comes to making a payment for the Triund Trek, we have a very simple and straightforward policy. All payments are to be made in full prior to the start of the trek. We do not accept any partial payments or deposits. If for any reason you need to cancel your trek, you will be refunded the total amount paid, minus a small processing fee. We accept all major credit cards and debit cards, as well as PayPal. If you have any questions about our payment policy, please feel free to contact us.
1. What is the best time to go for the Triund Trek?
The best time to go for the Triund Trek is from March to June and from September to November. These are the months when the weather is good and there is no snow on the trekking route.
2. How long does it take to complete the Triund Trek?
It takes approximately 3-4 hours to complete the Triund Trek from Mcleodganj. However, if you want to enjoy the sunset and sunrise from the top of Triund Hill, you can camp overnight at Triund.
3. What is the difficulty level of the Triund Trek?
The difficulty level of the Triund Trek is moderate and it is suitable for both beginners as well as experienced trekkers.
4. Is there any age limit for undertaking the Triund Trek?
No, there is no age limit for undertaking the Triund Trek. However, if you are above 60 years of age or have any medical condition, please consult your doctor before going on this trek.
5. What should I carry while going for the Triund Trek?
While going for the Triund Trek, you should carry some essential items like a good pair of shoes, a sunscreen lotion, a hat or cap, water bottle, snacks, etc.
6. How long is the Triund Trek?
The Triund Trek is a moderate level trek that covers a distance of approximately 9 kilometers. It takes approximately 4-5 hours to complete the trek, depending on your fitness level and pace.
7. What is Triund famous for?
Triund is famous for its trekking trails and beautiful views of the Dhauladhar range.
8. What is the maximum altitude of Triund Trek?
The Triund Trek is one of the most popular treks in the Indian Himalayas. The trek takes you to the top of Triund Hill, which offers stunning views of the Dhauladhar range. The maximum altitude of the Triund Trek is 9,400 ft.
9. How is Triund Trek weather?
The weather in Triund is cool and comfortable around the year, except for chilly winter months. During the month of January and February, there is heavy snowfall and the trekking routes are cut off during that time.
10. What activities are included in Triund trek?
Trekking to Triund is an easy yet beautiful trek which can be undertaken by anyone and everyone. The trail to Triund is through the dense forests of deodars and rhododendrons which make the trek all the more picturesque. The views of the Dhauladhar range from Triund are simply breathtaking and worth all the huffing and puffing!
Some of the activities that are included in the Triund trek are mentioned below:
11. What do you wear to a Triund Trek?
Assuming you have all the necessary winter gear with you, layering is key when dressing for a Triund Trek. You want to stay warm, but not too warm, as you will be exerting yourself during the hike. A base layer of thermal underwear is a good idea, followed by a light shirt and sweater. For your bottom half, wear hiking pants or leggings and another pair of thermal underwear. Wool socks are essential to keep your feet warm and dry. Finish off your outfit with a windbreaker, hat, gloves, and scarf.
12. Which type of shoes should I carry on the trek to Triund?
I would recommend carrying a pair of comfortable, broken-in walking shoes or hiking boots. You'll want to make sure they have good traction for the rocky terrain.
13. What kind of physical fitness will be required to do trekking in Triund?
To do trekking in Triund, you will need to be physically fit enough to walk for long periods of time on uneven terrain. You should also be comfortable carrying your own backpack and supplies.
14. What is the total trek distance of Triund Trek?
The total trek distance of the Triund Trek is 9 km. The trek starts from Mcleodganj and takes you through some stunning scenery before arriving at the top of Triund Hill. From there, you can enjoy panoramic views of the Dhauladhar range.
15. How long does it take to trek Triund?It takes approximately 3-4 hours to trek from Mcleodganj to Triund. The trail is well marked and easy to follow. There are a few steep sections, but nothing that should deter someone in decent shape. The total distance is 9 km and the average elevation gain is about 1,000 m.
16. Is Triund open all year around?
Yes, Triund is open all year around although the best time to visit is from April to November when the weather is most pleasant.
17. Is camping allowed in Triund?
Yes, camping is allowed in Triund and there are many beautiful spots to set up camp. However, it is important to get a permit from the Forest Department before setting up camp. There are also several private campsites in Triund that offer beautiful views and amenities.
18. Is Triund Trek safe for beginners?Yes, Triund Trek is safe for beginners. The route is well-marked and there are plenty of places to rest along the way. You can also hire a guide to help you if you feel unsure at any point.
19. Is there snowfall in Triund? Yes, there is snowfall in Triund. It usually starts falling in the month of November and continues till February. The average temperature during this time period is around -5 degree Celsius.
20. Can Triund be my first trek? Assuming you have no prior trekking experience, Triund should be a good choice for your first trek. It is a relatively easy trek with a gradual ascent and takes about 3-4 hours to reach the top. The trail is well-marked and there are several tea stalls and dhabas along the way where you can take a break and grab a bite. Once you reach the top, you'll be rewarded with stunning views of the Dhauladhar range.
21. Is Triund Trek safe? Yes, Triund Trek is safe. It is a moderate grade trek and can be completed by any person who is above the age of 10 years and is reasonably fit. There are no technical sections on the trail and all you need is a good pair of trekking shoes to complete the trek.
22. How to reach Triund Trek from Chandigarh? Assuming you are starting from Chandigarh, the best way to reach Triund is by taking a shared taxi or bus to Dharamshala. From Dharamshala, you can take another shared taxi or bus to Mcleodganj. From Mcleodganj, there are two ways to reach Triund. You can either hike up (which takes about 3-4 hours) or take a local jeep (which costs around ₹ 700).
23. How to reach Triund from Delhi? The Triund trek can be reached from Delhi by taking a train or bus to the city of Dharamsala. From Dharamsala, it is a short drive to Mcleodganj, where the trailhead for Triund begins. The entire trek can be completed in a day, and there are plenty of guesthouses and restaurants along the way to make the journey comfortable.
24. Can we visit Triund Trek in December? With its snow-covered peaks and breathtaking views, Triund is a popular trekking destination in India. December is a great time to visit Triund Trek as the weather is cool and the scenery is stunning. However, there are a few things to keep in mind when planning a trip to Triund Trek in December. First, it is important to check the weather forecast before heading out on the trek. December can be a unpredictable month, with sudden changes in temperature and weather conditions. Be sure to pack appropriate clothing and gear for the trek. Second, it is important to start the trek early in the day. The sun sets early in December, and you don't want to be caught on the trail after dark. Third, be prepared for cold temperatures at night. Bring a warm sleeping bag and extra blankets to stay comfortable during your trek. Finally, remember to pack your camera! The views from Triund Trek are truly incredible and you'll want to capture them forever.
25. Is Triund trek open in October? Yes, the Triund trek is open in October! In fact, this is one of the best times to go, as the weather is cooler and the views are simply stunning. The trek takes you through lush forested areas, paddy fields and eventually up to the snow-capped Dhauladhar range. You will also get to see some amazing wildlife along the way, so make sure you keep your camera handy!
26. Can Triund trek be done in one day? Yes, Triund trek can be done in one day. It is a easy and popular trek which can be completed by people of all ages and fitness levels. The distance from Mcleodganj to Triund is only 9 km and can be covered in 5-6 hours.
27. What should I bring to a Triund Trek?
Assuming you have no prior experience with trekking, here is a list of things you must carry for the Triund Trek-
28. What are the places to visit near Triund?
1. Triund is a small village in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. It is situated at an altitude of 9,600 feet (2,930 m) above sea level in the Dhauladhar range of the Himalayas.
2. Triund is a popular trekking destination and the starting point for various longer treks in the region.
3. The nearest town to Triund is McLeod Ganj, which is about 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) away.
4. Other places to visit near Triund include:
-Dharamsala: Dharamsala is the district headquarters of Kangra district. It is located about 17 kilometres (11 mi) from McLeod Ganj and 20 kilometres (12 mi) from Triund. Dharamsala has a subtropical climate and receives rainfall throughout the year. The best time to visit Dharamsala is from October to March when the weather is pleasant and there are fewer tourists.
-Bhagsunag Temple: The Bhagsunag Temple is located in Bhagsunag Village, which is about 2 kilometers from McLeod Ganj. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and has a natural spring that flows through it.
-St John in the Wilderness Church: The St John in the Wilderness Church is located in Dharamkot, which is about 3 kilometers from McLeod Ganj.
- Laka Glacier: Laka Glacier is a great place to hike and take in some amazing views.29. Which are the other treks in Dharamshala and McLeodganj? There are numerous treks in and around Dharamshala and McLeodganj. Some of the most popular ones are:
If you are visiting Mcleodganj for the first time, then you must check out these top attractions:
1. Triund Hill: Triund is a beautiful hill station located just 9 km from Mcleodganj. It offers stunning views of the Dhauladhar range and is a popular trekking destination.
2. Bhagsunag Falls: Bhagsunag Falls is a must-visit place for all nature lovers. Located about 2 km from Mcleodganj, this place offers breathtaking views of the Bhagsunag Temple and the waterfall.
3. Dalai Lama Temple: The Dalai Lama Temple is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Mcleodganj. This temple is known for its beautiful architecture and serene atmosphere.
4. St. John in the Wilderness Church: St. John in the Wilderness Church is a beautiful church located in the middle of a forest. This church was built in 1852 and is worth a visit for its architectural beauty.
5. Naddi Viewpoint: Naddi Viewpoint is located at an altitude of 2,290 m and offers stunning views of the valley below. This place is a must-visit for all photographers and nature lovers. Triund Trek Package and Triund Trek Camping and Triund Trek Booking and Triund Trekand Triund Trek Distance and Laka Glacier Trek and Snowline Trek and Indrahar Pass Trek and Kareri Lake Trek and Lahesh Cave Trek and Hotels in Dharamshala and Hotels in Mcleodganj and Hotels in Dharamkot and Hotels in Bhagsu and Camping in Kasol and Camping in Kheerganga and Luxury Camping in Kasol and Camping in Gurgaon and Trekking in Gurgaon and Triund Trek from Delhi and and Triund Trek Location and Triund Trek Difficulty Level
Triund Trek - Triund Trek Booking - Camping in Pangot - Pangot Camps - Pangot Camping - Camping in Bhimtal - Camping in Nainital - Camping in Mukteshwar - Triund Trek Best Time - Triund Trek Price - Triund Trek Cost - Triund Trek Camp Booking - Triund Trek Itinerary - Triund Trek Height - Triund Altitude - Triund Trek Base Camp - Triund Trek Itinerary - Triund Trek Best Time - Triund Trek Weather - Triund Trek Temperature - Triund Trek Mcleodganj - Triund Trek Dharamshala - Triund Trek Starting Point - Triund Trek from Chandigarh - Triund Trek from Manali - Triund Trek in January - Triund Trek in February - Triund Trek in March - Triund Trek in April - Triund Trek in May - Triund Trek in June - Triund Trek in July - Triund Trek in August - Triund Trek in September - Triund Trek in October - Triund Trek in November - Triund Trek in December - Snowfall in Triund Today - Triund
1. Take a walk around the town - There are plenty of things to see in Mcleodganj, and one of the best ways to take it all in is by taking a leisurely walk around the town. Start at the main square and make your way down to the Tibetan market, where you can browse through a wide variety of Tibetan goods. Then, head over to Bhagsu waterfall for a refreshing dip before heading back into town for some lunch.
2. Visit the Dalai Lama Temple - One of the most popular attractions in Mcleodganj is the Dalai Lama Temple, which is also known as Tsuglagkhang Complex. This temple is not only significant for Buddhists, but also for people of other religions as well. Here, you can find a number of shrines and prayer wheels, as well as a bookstore and museum.
3. Go on a hike - One of the best things to do in Mcleodganj is go on a hike! There are plenty of trails to choose from, ranging from easy walks to more strenuous treks. No matter what your fitness level may be, there's a hike that's perfect for you. And, if you're lucky, you might even spot some wildlife along the way!
4. Explore the Tibetan Museum - The Tibetan Museum is another must-visit while in Mcleodganj. This museum provides visitors with an insight into Tibetan culture and history.